Friday 17 June 2011

Supper Inn ★★ $$

Sliced Fish Congee @ $7 AUD

My cousin and I missed our dinner so we came here for supper which was recommended by my friend who said they serve good congee.

Quail with Spicy Salt & Chili @ $7 AUD
Quail was perfectly roasted and sauce was good but was slightly warm so couldn't enjoy it while it was fresh hot.
Barbecued Suckling Pig @ $16.50 AUD (Small)
Suckling Pig was slightly warm as well and lacked in fragrance. Skin was rather hard and chewy. 
Sliced Fish Congee @ $7 AUD
Congee with Sliced Fish and sprinkled with Spring Onions. Congee had a decent texture but lacked in fragrance. Additional White Pepper would make it better but the Pepper in the shaker had long lost its flavor and aroma so we ate the congee without it. Fish was also decent but not great.
Roast Duck Congee @ $7 AUD
Same as Fish Congee but with Roast Duck instead. Duck was decent.
Stir-fried Water Spinach with Garlic @ $15 AUD
Water Spinach was slightly overcooked so it lost its crunchy texture. Garlic amount was sufficient. Would say the one at Ling Nam was better.

Verdict (Highest-10)
Food: 7 (Decent Chinese Food)
Service: 4 (Staffs weren't friendly but food came quick)
Ambiance: 4 (Cramped)
Overall: 6 (An alternative Chinese Restaurant for supper)

Price: $15-25 AUD per main

Address
CBD
15 Celestial Ave
Melbourne 3000
Melbourne
Australia
Tel : (03) 9663 4759

Working Hours
Mon to Sun 5.30pm-2.30am


View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I'm a young food lover as well and I also did a review of the Supper Inn. Is it possible if I could use the picture of the Supper Inn's fascade on my review. Your little tag at the bottom will still be present. Plus, I thought the food, especially the stirfrys were borderline warm but for me, the service was ridiculously slow and the waiters seemed to be blind or focused on the white customers (I'm Viet)

    Highly commendable review!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,
      Yea sure you may use my pictures. I have to agree with you as well on the service. Anyway, thanks and glad that you like my review.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...